Solar window shades filter and diffuse light, reducing glare and heat, while maintaining an outside view and soothing light. The darker the shade color, the better the glare control. The lighter the shade color, the better the temperature control.
Solar shades also protect furniture and carpets from damaging UV rays. For example, 97% of UV rays are blocked by window shade fabric with 3% openness. Remember, solar window shades do not offer full privacy at night, as lighted interiors allow inward visibility.
Our custom solar window shades are made-to-order. The shade cloth is a woven vinyl/polyester with a basketweave design (3% openness), and is available in eleven colors. The shades operate by a beaded chain and clutch lift system which make raising and lowering the shade easy.
The minimum shade size is 12" wide x 12" high.
ORDERING IS EASY
1) Enter your height and width dimensions
2) Indicate how you will mount the shade, and select the chain control location
3) Choose a color and if optional fascia is desired, choose the fascia color
Solar Window Shades are made to order, so if your exact measurement isn't listed, contact our experts at (800) 725-3266 for assistance — we are happy to help you get exactly what you need, no matter your requirements.
HOW TO MEASURE
Watch our helpful videos below on measuring for and installing window shades.
FOR INSIDE MOUNT SHADES
• Measure the exact inside width of the window frame from one inside edge to the other.
• Measure in at least three different places and record the narrowest measurement
• Measure the exact height inside the window frame
• Do NOT take any clearance deductions
• On inside mount shades, there will be a small light gap on each side
FOR OUTSIDE MOUNT SHADES
• Measure the exact area that needs to be covered by the shade
• We recommend covering 4’’ beyond the window on all sides of the window, including the top and bottom
• Provide a width and height measurement
• Make no allowances for outside mount shades
All items ship via UPS Ground unless you choose expedited shipping (UPS 2nd Day Air or UPS Next Day Air) or motor freight shipping at time of order.
Straight curtain track ships in equal-length sections cut to a maximum length of 48" inches per section, depending on the total length of your track. We include all necessary splices at no additional charge.
Curtain tracks with corner bends are cut for shipping as follows: Corner bends ship as 2 ft. x 2 ft. sections. Straight track sections ship in sections of equal length, cut to a maximum length of 48" inches per section, depending on the total length of your track. We include all necessary splices at no additional charge.
If you select motor freight shipping, track will be shipped uncut in lengths up to a maximum of 20 ft. Motor freight charges range from $95 to $295.
Privacy curtains are made to order and are not returnable.
Curtain tracks are returnable for up to 30 days after the date of delivery, and are subject to a re-stocking charge of 25%. Items must be in “as new” condition and the customer is responsible for return shipping charges. Please contact us at (800) 725-3266 for a Return Authorization number prior to shipping any returns.
Window shades, mini blinds and vertical blinds are made to order and are not returnable.
Please contact us immediately at (800) 725-3266 with any claims for shortages, damaged goods or manufacturing defects. We will make every effort to remedy the situation so you will be 100% satisfied with your product.